Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Thing 10

I am "skipping ahead" on my Things as I am struggling with Thing 8 at the moment.

For Thing 10, I chose Instagram.  This is an app that I "get" but I never remember to use.  I normally use the camera on my phone, not an app.  I have a friend who dropped his Facebook but kept Instagram and I am "trying" to get into the hang of checking Instagram and remembering to take pictures with Instagram so he has access and can view photos of my 3 yr old (he lives across country).

I will admit I had trouble getting back into using the app in January (before I even knew I would be blogging about it).  It is NOT intuitive to me and I really had trouble getting my phone to take pictures; perhaps that day the app was glitchy?  The editing tools are cool.  But to be honest, I do my editing on a computer in Picassa.  I even download my iDevice photos and edit in Picassa when it comes time to print "real pictures" or make a photo book (and then I sometimes share them on Facebook after editing).  Perhaps I am a Luddite and I have hit my capacity for "new"...!!

I know Instagram is big, and it does cool things with pictures but I am just not that into it.  I want to use it as a way to share pictures (like Facebook) and move on.  The people I follow on Instagram are mostly the same people I am friends with on Facebook and I tend to see their photos there.  I will say I am STILL trying to figure out a way to manage Instagram with a "Thing 8" product...

In terms of library/work use, there is a place for Instagram.  This is not strictly a "younger generation" app, but I think it would be a fabulous tool for teen programming and teen New Books or other teen "things".  I also think it is a good photo editor for any photos that you are submitting to your library Facebook page; the sharing is seamless as Facebook owns Instagram.

Add this to the list of "I won't give up on this app" but I just CANNOT REMEMBER TO USE IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment