Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thing 16

Thing 16 (the last Thing!!) - Audio

This was a hard Thing for me because I do not LIKE to listen to my own voice recorded.  I know I am not the only one on the planet that feels this way...None the less, I chose Audioboo for Thing 16.

Things I liked - I liked the limit on the audio recording.  One unique way I think this could be used is for practicing book talks.  Book talks need to be SHORT AND ENGAGING.  By using Audioboo, the app will help monitor the length of time spent talking about each book in the course of practicing a book talk.

I liked that you can share the audio you create with others.  I also like that it can be used "in replacement" of video (book talks, book recommendations, etc) - there may be reasons why students won't, can't, choose not to do video.

What I didn't like - another log in.

I am doing this project as coursework for a class - one of the students mentioned last night how she was trying to REDUCE her digital footprint and how Heartbleed has added an extra layer of "UGH" to this project.  I know you "could" sign in with your Twitter, but then I need to worry about Audioboo AND Twitter being secure.

I would probably use this app or something similar in a school library setting.  I feel there are many applications for using small snippets of audio for notes, projects, book talks, etc.  I am not sure how I would address the account situation...perhaps I would NOT use it if I was in a 1 to 1 school with iPads.  Depending on the task, they could use the audio that is Apple dedicated - this would require more research and thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment